Saved! -- January 10, 2010

17 Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” 18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”
Luke 10:17-20


The disciples were excited that their ministry had been successful. When they reported into Jesus they declared their dominion over the demonic forces they had encountered. Jesus acknowledged their triumph, declaring, “I saw Satan fall like lightning…” However Jesus also explained to them that their real rejoicing should be reserved to celebrate their salvation.

It is important to keep in mind that we did nothing for our salvation. We are most excited about the Work Jesus has done for us. Along with the angelic hosts of heaven we will rejoice with every salvation at the end of time! It will be a great triumphant party. It is easy to get caught up in the success or failure of our ministry. Jesus redirects us back to our salvation as our source of value.

Lord, keep my heart focused on the way that You save me. I know my name is written in heaven and that is my greatest joy and security. You are my great reward!

Trampling Serpents On My Way To Heaven,

Pastor Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment