Tear The Sky -- October 28, 2009

9 It came to pass in those days that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 And immediately, coming up from the water, He saw the heavens parting and the Spirit descending upon Him like a dove. 11 Then a voice came from heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
Mark 1:9-11 (NKJV)


What had transpired in Jesus’ life that had caused the Father to tear heaven open so the Spirit could get to Him and the Father could acknowledge Him by announcing that the His Son had brought pleasure Him? It was a simple act of obedience. In the other Gospels John tries to get Jesus to switch places that Jesus might baptize him. Jesus instructed that it must be done to fulfill all righteousness. (Matthew 3:15) Jesus we are told in Hebrews 1:8-9 that His throne will be established for ever because the Father will establish it on Christ’s personal righteousness. Because Christ has loved righteous more than any other His gladness will be greater than all others in the kingdom. Yes, obedience/righteousness brings us happiness; the kind of happiness that satisfies because we are approved by the Father.

This morning I am returning to the basics of obeying Him. As I spend our appointed time together, I sense His Presence and His approval. I know if I need it today He will tear the sky asunder (RASV) and pour His Holy Spirit into my person so that I may face whatever circumstance I find myself in by simple obedience to Him. As I reach for that attitude that was in Christ when He found himself in the form of a servant I will be able to obey Him no matter what the cost. Then my joy will be full because the Father will anoint me with the oil of gladness to the degree of my love of righteous obedience to Him. (Philippians 2:5-17)

Praise Jesus for His excellent example. Servant status didn’t stop Him from obey the Father to achieve the mission He was given. As I find myself today let me obey Him, loving righteousness, working out my salvation in reverent fear, and hearing His voice saying, “You are one of mine and you please me.” Find me here serving You today, Jesus. No matter what form I find myself in.

Pastor Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment